Official Radio Station
The Chamber of Commerce office will closed May 19 and re opening on May 25th. Should you have an urgent inquiry during this period, please email President@dawsoncreekchamber.ca for assistance
SAVE THE DATE.? AGENDA AND RELATED ITEMS INCLUDING ZOOM LINK TO BE SHARED BY END OF MAY
2021- WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE DAWSON CREEK & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Dear valued members both returning and new
We thank you for your support of our organization and the work that we do for you.? The board and staff are well into 2021 and working on the needs of our business community.? Our President, Chris Richards has been working closely with the City of Dawson Creek and MLA Bernier.? Items that we continue to engage in are:
- Clear and balanced direction and guidance from Northern Health and the Province of BC
- Ensuring lol projects are utilizing lol content including goods, services and lol talent.
- Providing workshops and guidance around e commerce, new marketing opportunities and broadening retailers on line reach
- Applying for grants – most recently through NDIT for a app lled townapps which will put all lol businesses, events and tourist attractions into one app which n be accessed through apple or google
- Working with other chambers in the region and the BC Chamber of Commerce to create a regional playbook which will have all COVID-19 resources in one document made to be efficient and user friendly
- Working to leverage all grants, loans and other revenue and income to maintain the financial stability of the Dawson Creek Chamber of Commerce
- Working with the City and partners to find a new tenant for the main floor of the Chamber building
- Participation with all northern chambers to lobby all levels of government for the assets that? businesses require for success such as taxation, red tape, COVID-19 19 protocols, Wi-Fi and cell connectivity, safe travel routes, the need to keep the assets that our current region has in order to encourage economic growth as me move through the economic recovery
- Directors Jack Walsh, Anthony De stro, Patricia Adamson and Jill Claus all manage files on behalf of the Board and our office.? Those files include lending and financial, economic recovery roundtables, the leasing of the building.? The Directors report regularly to the board on those files.
- Chamber week will have several webinars for members including e commerce, mental health and marketing your business in the new environment.
- Webinar series with a HR specialist specifilly to provide guidance on HR issues in the new environment.
- Partnering with the BC Chamber on offering a course through University of Victoria lled Building Resilience to Thrive.? A round table is part of the course and we have partnered with Tumbler Ridge and Chetwynd Chambers of Commerce to broaden understanding of issues across the South Peace and share strategies going forward.
- We continue to regularly touch base with our members to identify areas that we need to be on top of.
We appreciate your continued support both through accessing our resources and your membership.? Each of the Board and staff are available and want to hear your thoughts concerns and positive outcomes that we n collectively strive towards
With much gratitude,
The Board and Staff
COVID 19? OFFICE, STAFF AND GUEST PROTOCOL – MARCH 2020
The office of the Dawson Creek Chamber has implemented the following steps to protect the Board and Staff.
? The office has been closed to all foot traffic at this time
? The office has taken steps to clean the office on a regular basis with antibacterial wipes and other cleaners
? Staff will come in at staggered time to meet the requirements of distancing
? The hours of the office will be flexible as staff n make arrangements to work from home
? Staff will pre sign cheques for payroll and monthly taxes and prepay some of those bills to avoid late payments (following federal and provincial directives)
? The board will not meet in person until it is determined to be safe for meetings to take place (federal and provincial direction) and all communitions and approvals will happen electronilly
? Board is aware that a response is required from each of them asap due to the quickly changing landspe
? All communitions to chamber members will be through our Chamber Facebook page or Keep lm and Shop on, this ensures that we will provide them fact checked information as quickly as possible. An email will be sent out to members asking them to move to this form of communition at this time.
? Kathleen will stay in regular contact with the President of the Board
? Ensuring that the following workers do not come to work:
? Anyone with COVID‐19-like symptoms such as a sore throat, fever, sneezing, or coughing. They must self‐isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days from onset of symptoms, until their symptoms are completely resolved.
? Workers who have travelled internationally. In these ses, they must remain away from the workplace for at least 14 days.
? Workers who live in the same household as a confirmed or clinil COVID-19 se who is self-isolating.
? Maintaining a distance of two metres between workers and others wherever possible, by revising work schedules, organizing work tasks, posting occupancy limits (e.g., on elevators and other small spaces), and limiting the number of workers at one time in break lotions.
? Ensuring that the appropriate number of people are in each area of a worksite.
? Providing adequate handwashing facilities on site for all workers and ensuring their lotion is visible and easily accessed (note that providing and maintaining adequate washroom facilities is required by Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 4.85).
? Regularly cleaning all common areas and surfaces, including washrooms, shared offices, common tables, desks, light switches and door handles.
? Any guests who should require entering the office will be asked to re schedule should they show any symptoms of COVID19
We are proud to announce that we have a conference room available for rent. If you are a member of our Chamber and require the conference room, there is no cost. If you aren’t a member, we charge $30.00 an hour. Wi-Fi is available.
We are loted in downtown Dawson Creek, at the corner of 10th Street and 102nd Avenue.
The conference room n also be used for out-of-town business people who are visiting Dawson Creek and require a temporary office space.
The Dawson Creek & District Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce that we now have an option for online payments that will accept:
Online Payments Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy:
- No refunds are available for prepaid Chamber luncheons & events.
- No refunds are available on membership fees.